Thursday, April 5, 2012

Trucha Al Fresco

On our scenic bus ride from Latacunga to Baños we built up a good appetite, skipping the many vendors who got on the bus to try to sell us something to eat. The fried fava beans were tempting, but I avoided temptation. So after we checked into our hostal Daniel suggested a sidewalk meal on Ambato, the main tourist strolling street through Baños. We were kind of late for lunch and early for supper and the restaurant was empty, so the sidewalk, where we could people-watch, was a good choice. This restaurant was a good choice too. Trucha (trout) is big in this town.
I don´t know if it is wild or farmed, probably the latter. But it was well prepared with an ajo (garlic) sauce. Good choice Daniel!

(A technical note: Because of the lack of good wi-fi in this town, I have had to resort to an Internet cafe, of which there is one on every block. I am taking the pictures off my camera and dealing with the clunkiness of Windows, all to satisfy my anxious readers.)


No comments:

Post a Comment