Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back Home, With Souvenirs!

It was kind of a grueling trip back to Salem, Oregon. I had to keep reminding myself that the flight from Bogota to Miami to Las Vegas for Daniel and me was essentially free, paid for with AAdvantage miles on American Airlines. For the final leg from Las Vegas we took cheapo Spirit Airlines.

My dear wife Ann, having worked at the Salem Public Library until 9 p.m. that evening was there to meet us at about midnight in Portland.

Today we are back home adjusting to life in the U.S. (hey, you can flush your toilet paper again instead of having to put it discretely in the trash can next to the toilet).

We unpacked our backpacks and are doing our wash. We got a pretty good haul of souvenirs for having only our backpacks to put them in.

Just look at all the stuff above (click please). There's Colombian chocolate ("single origin"), hats, CDs, a chica bowl, coca candy, and more.

Ann wore these cute chicken earrings we got for her to work today. They were a hit.

I got an herb called guascas so I can make some ajiaco soup (one for Janet Bassett too).

No comments:

Post a Comment