Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Easing Back into Gringolandia (Part 4)

There is only one place to eat at the Miami airport.

It's La Carreta (The Cart). It is a branch of a great Cuban restaurant that has several locations in Miami.

I ate here on the way down to Quito. I wanted Daniel to have the same great experience. Also, Cuban food has a lot in common with Colombian food (heavy on the meat, rice, beans, plaintains, yucca, etc.) so I figured it would help with our transition.

I couldn't remember exactly where it was in the Miami airport, but all we had to do was to ask one of the Cuban-American maintenance guys and we were told to head to Gate 40.

It was packed with diners, just like it was six weeks ago when I last came through.

Daniel got the full meal deal with the "vaca frita" plate above. Does that look good or what (click please)?

I got a freshly made sandwich "Cubano" and got three more for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment