Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thanks Again to My Readers

This is the 279th and final post on this travel blog. I have so enjoyed sharing my first trip to South America with all my readers and I thank you for your interest.

To date my blog has had about 3,700 pageviews. About 75% have come from the U.S., but I've also had a significant number of readers from Russia (351 pageviews to date), Columbia, Canada, and Ecuador. And a few from other places too (two pageviews from Malaysia!)


I hope my blog serves to inspire some of my readers to travel to Colombia and Ecuador and elsewhere in S. America. Daniel really liked Peru (better food, he says, than either Ecuador and Colombia) and we heard lots of good things about Bolivia from the travelers we encountered. It sounds like one of the least expensive destinations in S. America right now.

I tried to provide enough detail about the places I visited to give other future travelers a leg up. I'd like to especially recommend the following hostels that really provided us with good value. We endeavored not to spend a lot of money on lodgings. For the most part we only spent $15 to $25 a night for a private room with a shared bath. If you travel to Ecuador or Colombia you might want to consider these hostels:

La Posada Colonial in Quito
Backpackers Los Pinos in Banos
Hostal Hogar Cuencano in Cuenca
Park Life Hostel in Popoyan
Hostal Tralala in Salento
Palm Tree Hostal in Medellin
El Solar Hostel in Villa de Leyva
Tip Top Hostel in Bogota

Thanks again to all of you who have shared my travels to Ecuador and Columbia with me.

2 comments:

  1. knowing you, mi amigo, I will definitely consider those hostels on your list....as places to avoid if you want to be comfortable!!!! ja ja ja ja!!!!

    thanks for keeping us informed! i want to go next time....

    ReplyDelete