Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Breakfast Like a King


If you watched the episode of No Reservations on Medellin, you might recall a Colombian telling Anthony Bourdain the old Colombian saying that it is best to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper. A nutritionist would tell you that this is true.

I followed this rule today. For breakfast Daniel and I had the traditional "calentao" (aka calentado) at a solid working class eatery down the block from our hostal.


This cost about $2 and started us off right. That is hot chocolate in the cup, and it's traditional with calentao. The rest is a chorizo, rice and beans, scrambled egg and an arepa with cheese.

My lunch at the Botanical Garden was this princely salad, accompanied by a mango juice. Very good.

As for my pauper's supper, I will tell you about that in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment